You have been assigned with the following pieces of homework:
- Complete the ‘Simile & Metaphor’ Activity sheet.
- Read the new chapter of our book and investigate vocabulary
This piece of Homework is due in Tuesday the 30th of May.
Numeracy: Complete the Mastery Checkpoint to translate and reflect shapes in all 4 quadrants.
Note: Remember that when we reflect a shape in the x-axis we have to change the sign of the y-coordinates for each vertex. When we reflect a shape in the y-axis we change the x-coordinates for each vertex.
IPC: In our new topic in IPC, “They made a difference” we will learn that some people have made such a big difference in the world that their influence on our lives can still be felt today. From scientists to sports people, from politicians to musicians, from all backgrounds, countries, races and religions there are people whose ideas or achievements have singled them out from others.
Research project: Think and research: Are there any significant leaders from the past?Research the following questions:
- Where and when were they born?
- How long ago did they rule?
- What did they do that we remember them for?
- What did people at the time think of them?
- Why are they still significant today?
- How did they change the world?
- The following books and websites provide a useful starting point: The Top Ten Leaders That Changed the World, by Anita Ganeri,Franklin Watts, 2009 Pears Cyclopedia 2014-2015, by Chris Cook, 2014 Famous Lives series, by S Reid et al, Usborne Publishing Ltd, 1997
- kidspast.com/world-history/index.php – KidsPast.com website has an online world history textbook that you can access for free.
- pitara.com/magazine/people.asp – Pitara Kids network website has biographies for children.
- great-leaders.incredible-people.com – Incredible People website has information about great leaders from around the world.
The IPC & Numeracy homework are due in Wednesday the 31st of May.
Have a good weekend.