Your Homework for after the holidays is:
An IPC task: Make a poster about our new personal learning goal, ‘resilience’. Can you think of a time when you have been resilient? For example, learning to ride your bike? Or, can you think of a famous person who has shown resilience in their life? Please bring this into school after the holidays and we will display them around the school.
- Log in ActiveLearn and practise numeracy tasks allocated in your account.
- Revise how to add, subtract and revise fractions with the worksheets given before holidays.
Have a wonderful time!
Dear parents & students,
This week we will:
In Numeracy: Use mental strategies to divide by 2, 4, 8, 5, 20 and 25; find non-unit fractions of amounts; use short division to divide 3- and 4-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers, including those which leave a remainder; express a remainder as a fraction, simplifying where possible.
- Learn about communication during WWI
- write a telegram in role as Alfie
- write words and phrases that show setting, events and emotions of the character
- draw inferences such as inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions, and justifying inferences with evidence
Your homework for next week is,
In Numeracy: Complete the worksheets you were given on the 2nd of December 2016. For further practice sign in Mathletics and work on the area of Shapes (3D shapes & prisms) and the area of Operations–>Multiplication & Division Facts.This piece of Homework is due to the 7th of December.
- Re-read chapter 4 of our Literacy Book. Comprehend the text and investigate unknown vocabulary. Choose 2 interesting words from the text and write some interesting sentences in your Homework book. This piece of Homework is due to the 7th of December.
Research social classes and hierarchy in World War I England and then reread pages 52-53. Consider how Alfie’s shoeshine box could be used to symbolise what you just learned about the social hierarchy. Create an actual model of your own shoeshine box. What cleaning and polishing instruments do you have in your box? Feel free to add some new tools that are not in the novel. (You can choose to work in a team or independently. This piece of homework is due to 12th of December 2016.)
P.S. : Don’t forget that your Sinterklaas surprises should be in class on Monday morning the 5th of December.
Have a lovely weekend!