We have had a fun week this week making our own paint from natural materials and painting in the style of cave men!
Our learning objectives for literacy next week will be:
- Can I recognise key themes and make predictions based on illustrations?
- Can I give reasons for my choices?
- Can I write in role as a character?
- Can I identify the main traits of a character through descriptive language within a text?
- Can I design my own sea wig?
Our learning objectives for numeracy next week will be:
- Can I solve mental addition?
- Can I choose between a mental or written method?
- Can I choose when to use a written or mental method for subtraction?
- Can I subtract using a written method?
The children have been given a home activity in the home activity book. I have copied the activity below. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
Home Activity 11.03.16
You may have noticed our new ‘World News’ board in the hall. Each class takes it in turns to share some world news for two weeks. On 21st march it will be Year 4’s turn to report.
Your task is to find a news article and share it. Please make it clear which country your news is from. You could look for a news article online or in a newspaper. There are lots of news websites for children.
- You may wish to find an article online and print it off – if this is what you choose to do then please write on the article to say why you chose this one. What did you like about it? How did you feel about it.
- You may wish to write a summary of a news article that you have read. You could draw a picture to go with it.
If you would like some help with some ideas go and have a look at the ‘World News’ board in the hall and/or come and speak to me.
Please bring your news to school by Monday 21st March.